Carleton Place Public Library is proud to offer curbside pickup services during the Provincial Lockdown
How it Works
Use the library catalogue to reserve the item(s) you wish to borrow, or call the library at 613-257-2702 to place holds for you. You will be notified when your items are available for pickup.
Enter the drive through entrance on Coleman Street. Put your car in park, and open your trunk. Call 613-257-2702 or Text 613-451-5854 to let staff know you have arrived. Staff will place your materials inside your trunk for you.
*New* Text on arrival – Text your LAST NAME to 613-451-5854. Staff will bring your items out to you. Please note that this line is enabled for text only, and cannot receive incoming phone calls or voicemails.
You may also call the library before you leave, and staff will bring your item outside the doors.
- Material returns must be placed into the blue book return bin.
- Please remember to leave a minimum of 2 meters distance between yourself and library staff.
Curbside Pickup Hours
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 10 am to 5 pm
- Wednesday: 1 pm to 8 pm
- Saturday: 10 am to 2 pm
New Accounts or Renewing Expired Accounts
To sign up for a new library card or to renew your current account, contact library staff at 613-257-2702 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To place an inter-library loan request, email ILL@carletonplace.ca with your name, library card number, requested title and author information.
Other things to know:
- Holds are fulfilled in the order that they are placed and as the items become available.
- Items on hold for pickup will be held for 5 days. If you are unable to collect your items during that time they will be returned to the circulating collection.
- There are no new limits on the number of materials that you may request at one time. However, due to an anticipated high level of interest, we request that you only place on hold the items that you need.
- The existing limits of 4 DVDs per household and 50 books per patron remain valid.