Stage Three of Ontario’s Reopening plan allows for a few changes at your library.
We are open for browsing with a capacity limits. This means only a few people are allowed in the library at one time. If the library is currently at capacity, please be patient and wait outside for someone to leave.
Beginning Friday, June 11, libraries across Ontario are no longer required to quarantine library materials. This means that returned items will be removed from your account faster, your holds will be available sooner, and there will be more selection available to you when you look for materials.
The Carleton Place Public Library board and staff remain committed to an evidence-based approach to service during the pandemic. Current evidence shows that the risk of transmission of COVID-19 through surfaces like library materials is highly unlikely.
For those patrons who may be concerned about this change, we recommend taking advantage of our digital library collection, or isolating your library materials at home.
If you have any concerns, please reach out to Meriah Caswell.
Other important library COVID-19 information:
No member of the public is permitted to enter or remain in the library unless he or she is wearing a face covering/mask in a manner that securely covers their nose, mouth and chin.
- Children under two years of age, or children under the age of five years either chronologically or developmentally who refuse to wear a mask and cannot be persuaded to do so by their caregiver.
- Individuals with medical conditions rendering them unable to safely wear a mask, including breathing difficulties or cognitive difficulties;
- Individuals who are unable to apply or remove a mask without assistance, including those who are accommodated under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) or who have protections under the Ontario Human Rights Code, R.S.O. 1990, c.H.19, as amended)
- Library staff, volunteers, or paid contractors in an area of the library that is not designated for public access, or is within or behind a physical barrier (e.g., Plexiglas)
- Computers are available on a first come, first served basis for 30 minute time slots.
- Public printing, photocopying, scanning, and wifi services are also available.
- Medical-grade keyboards have been installed for easy cleaning between uses, and new cleaning procedures have been implemented.
Curbside Pickup service continues! Call the library when you arrive at 613-257-2702. Staff will bring your items outside and place them on the cart.
Returning Library Materials
- Material returns can be placed in the blue return box outside of the library.
- The library is fine free while we’re in the Station! This means if you are feeling unwell, you can take your time returning your library materials without the worry of accruing library fines.
- Standard loan periods remain in effect.
Before you visit the library
How we are keeping our visitors safe
- We are limiting the number of people in the library to allow for social distancing.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at the circulation desk.
- Visitors are required to wear masks and limit their stay to 30 minutes or less.
- Public computers are sanitized between each use, and medical-grade keyboards have been installed.
- Commonly touched surfaces are sanitized every 2 hours.
- The library has gone fine-free while at the Station, meaning that patrons can take their time returning materials if they are not feeling well.
- Library staff are self-monitoring and have been provided a variety of personal protective equipment for the different types of work they do.
Do you have questions? Contact the library at 613-257-2702 or email@example.com