We’ve got good news!
The library is open to the public for materials browsing!
While we’re limiting the number of people in the building at one time, we’re looking forward to greeting you in person again! Please read the following so you’ll understand how we’re going to be doing things:
No member of the public is permitted to enter or remain in the library unless he or she is wearing a face covering/mask in a manner that securely covers their nose, mouth and chin.
- Children under two years of age, or children under the age of five years either chronologically or developmentally who refuse to wear a mask and cannot be persuaded to do so by their caregiver.
- Individuals with medical conditions rendering them unable to safely wear a mask, including breathing difficulties or cognitive difficulties;
- Individuals who are unable to apply or remove a mask without assistance, including those who are accommodated under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) or who have protections under the Ontario Human Rights Code, R.S.O. 1990, c.H.19, as amended)
- Library staff, volunteers, or paid contractors in an area of the library that is not designated for public access, or is within or behind a physical barrier (e.g., Plexiglas)
Browsing Library Materials
- Beginning March 22, 2021, library visitors will be welcome to browse the library collection.
- Items used within the library will be disinfected before being returned to the shelves.
- Computers are available on a first come, first served basis for 30 minute time slots.
- To keep our users safe, public computers have been spaced to allow for a social distance of six feet. Some computers have been removed to accomplish this.
- Public printing, photocopying, scanning, and wifi services are also available.
- Medical-grade keyboards have been installed for easy cleaning between uses, and new cleaning procedures have been implemented.
Curbside Pickup service continues! Now without the need to book a time for pickup. Just call the library when you arrive at 613-257-2702. Staff will bring your items outside and place them on the cart.
Returning Library Materials
- Material returns must be placed in the blue return box outside of the library. Returns cannot be accepted inside the library at this time.
- Materials will be quarantined for 72 hours before returning to circulation. During this time, you will still see these materials on your account. No fines will be charged on these materials.
- The library is going fine free this winter! This means if you are feeling unwell, you can take your time returning your library materials without the worry of accruing library fines.
- Standard loan periods remain in effect.
Before you visit the library
What to expect when you arrive
- If the library is currently at capacity, we may ask you to wait outside until someone has left.
- If you notice someone waiting in the vestibule, please wait outside until they have left.
How we are keeping our visitors safe
- We are limiting the number of people in the library to allow for social distancing.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at the circulation desk.
- Visitors are required to wear masks and limit their stay to 30 minutes or less.
- Public computers are sanitized between each use, and medical-grade keyboards have been installed.
- Commonly touched surfaces are sanitized every 2 hours.
- Returned materials are quarantined for 72 hours before being reshelved.
- Items used in the library are disinfected before being reshelved.
- The library has gone fine-free this summer, meaning that patrons can take their time returning materials if they are not feeling well.
- Library staff are self-monitoring and have been provided a variety of personal protective equipment for the different types of work they do.
Do you have questions? Contact the library at 613-257-2702 or firstname.lastname@example.org